It is impossible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.
Some who follow Christ are able to keep spiritual practices such as going to church & reading their Bible, but many struggle with the practical living out of the greatest commandments of loving God, your neighbor, and yourself well.
In order to do this, we must allow our emotions to be a part of our discipleship process.
Dallas and Leah Beutler, pastors of The Rock Church, have been on this transformative journey for the past 5 years. They have been learning how to not only “do” for God, but are also learning how to “be” with God, through a growing and loving union with Jesus Christ. God has used the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course and its materials to radically change their individual lives, marriage, family and ministry. At our next SEMF monthly meeting they will introduce some of the concepts in EHS as well as share stories from their experiences along this journey.
Here are the details for our May meeting….
- THEME: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality
- DATE/TIME: Tues. May 17th, 2016, 12noon – 1:30pm
- LOCATION: Meadowgreen House for All Nations – 501 Avenue W South
- COST: $10/person for food & fellowship
- Please RSVP to: email@example.com
- If you are planning on coming, do not forget to RSVP. If you do RSVP, please make sure you are there!
IMPORTANT: CONSIDER SERVING YOUR CITY
It is time for the elections of a number of leaders for the executive of our ministerial. The following terms are open for nominations:
- Chairman (2 year term)
- Vice Chair (1 year term)
- Treasurer (2 year term)
- 2 Member’s at Large positions (2 year terms)
Please contact myself of any member of our executive if you are interested in serving or if you would like to nominate a Christian leader for one of these positions.
Brad Mayer (SEMF Chair)
Upcoming events in our city.
- May 5-7 Godspell Musical
- May 18 Preaching Workshop with Darrell Johnson
- May 25 Euthanasia & Assisted Suicide teaching
- May 26-29 Single Life Workshop